The Red and Grey

Fine Finish Holiday Celebration

Brittany Chatham, Reviews

On December fifth, Anchor Club Members traveled to Fine Finish, in Danielsville, Georgia, to join the Madison County Pilot Club in a special celebration for special needs adults. Pilots first directed Anchors to help serve a meal to an amazing group of individuals; lunch included roast beef, ham, green beans,squash casserole { Mrs. Haggard’s favorite} and rolls. For desserts, Anchors offered a choice of cookies or cake. After lunch, Anchors lead the quest in singing Christmas Carols, with Jingle Bell Rock reigning as the groups favorite. Perhaps one of the most moving moments involved the guests solo acts, singing solos, which truly brought tears to everyone’s’ eyes. All involved shared support to one another by cheering each other on with smiles and laughter. Madison County sponsored this celebration and supplied all the food and gifts. Soon after lunch, Anchors distributed stockings to each person; the women received adorable holiday socks and the men received Suave body wash, and all enjoyed a special treat of a box of cracker jacks. Simply seeing the guest’s faces light up with joy brought a smile to everyone and tugged at the heartstrings of both Anchor club and Pilot members alike. As Anchors left, all the guest showered them with hugs, waves, beautiful smiles, and much love. For many Anchors, spending the afternoon with these amazing individuals highlighted the importance of giving over receiving and created a irreplaceable and special Christmas memory.

The Student News Site of Madison County
Fine Finish Holiday Celebration