The Red and Grey

Dear Confused,

Dear Myrtle,

There’s four guys and we’re all really good friends. Me and, we’ll call him #1, are like best friends. He has told me he likes me. Then #2, we’re kinda close, and I’m pretty good friends with his ex. I’ve been told he likes me as well. Then #3 is the one I like and my family knows him and likes him. #4 I like him when I don’t. It’s a big mess and I don’t know what to do. Should I stop feelings for #3 and keep all of us friends? (P.S. he doesn’t know I like him)

Confused.

Dear Confused,

This sounds like some classic Disney Channel high school drama, beautiful. Keep in mind, relationships are by no means a necessity; you can have the rest of your life for that. For #1, you’ll want to be careful, and remember that all relationships either end in break up or marriage; so sometimes dating your best friend could end up tricky. Think about how your dynamic would change, how things would be different if you broke up. However, if you two really get along well, and you consider it worth the risk, you should go for it. If not, then make sure #3, your actual crush, is the kind of guy you want to date. Hang out with him some, get to know him more. If he’s not your best friend, then the cost of breaking up down the road would not be as great, and you could still enjoy your time together. All in all, it would be between one and three, and there is nothing wrong with choosing neither. I cannot tell you what to do, but you have to trust that you will make the best call.

Myrtle

The Student News Site of Madison County
Dear Confused,