The Red and Grey

National Heartbreak

Joshua Kincaid, Writer

Despite the unfortunate outcome of the National championship, the Georgia Bulldogs played an outstanding season and their seniors left their legacy for years to come. The Dawgs went into overtime once again, but fell short of a victory to Alabama losing 26-23.

From the beginning, the National Championship game looked like a low scoring game; however, no one predicted that Alabama’s offense would remain scoreless for the first half. Both teams played excellent defense. The Dawg’s defense, being lead by returning seniors Lorenzo Carter and Roquan Smith kept Alabama’s quarterback, Jalen Hurts (Sophomore), as well as the rest of the offene under a lot of pressure.

Georgia’s offense performed well in the first half, with Nick Chubb, Sony Michel, and Jake Fromm keeping the Alabama defense on their toes. Rodrigo Blankenship, once again, came in clutch for the Bulldogs, easily making two field goals in the first half putting Georgia ahead 6-0.

With Alabama down at the half, head coach Nick Saban knew he needed to change the atmosphere and intensity of the Alabama offense. Saban took a risk putting in his freshman quarterback, Tua Tagovailoa, and Tagovailoa did not fail his coach. With this change, the Crimson Tide managed to comeback and tie the score 20-20, and once again the dawgs ventured into overtime.

In overtime, Blankenship scored once again for the Bulldogs, giving them the lead 23-20. Unfortunately, Alabama responded with a touchdown, winning it all with a final score of 26-23.

The Georgia Bulldogs went through an amazing season claiming the title of SEC champions, and winning probably the most epic Rose Bowl game ever! Seniors, like Nick Chubb, Sony Michel, and Roquan Smith will be forever remembered when it comes to Georgia Football; they definitely left their mark. True Georgia fans felt proud of their Dawgs and confident revenge on the Crimson Tide soon to come.

• National Heartbreak

Arts & Multimedia

3D Book Collage

• National Heartbreak

Uncategorized

Martin Luther King Jr.

• National Heartbreak

Raider Life

FCCLA

• National Heartbreak

News

Hispanic Heritage By: Ginni Edwards

• National Heartbreak

Arts & Multimedia

3D Book Collage

• National Heartbreak

Arts & Multimedia

Mosaic Art

• National Heartbreak

Sports

Coach Houston Interview

• National Heartbreak

Sports

Coach Crouse Interview

• National Heartbreak

Arts & Multimedia

Photography

• Dear Myrtle

Dear Confused,

The Student News Site of Madison County
National Heartbreak