The Red and Grey

Technology Over The Past Ten Years

Jessica Fields- citelighter

Jessica Fields- citelighter

Technology remains an important part of our modern lives throughout the years. We remain surrounded by smartphones, computers, social media, and other forms of technology everyday. Technology changed drastically over the last ten years, although we often take for granted how much our favorite devices and websites improved since 2007.
Smartphones underwent some of the most changes and improvements throughout the last decade. On January 9, 2007, Steve Jobs announced to the world the release of the iPhone. While it may seem outdated by today’s standards, the first iPhone was revolutionary for 2007. The new touch screen display allowed users to stay constantly updated with apps that employs different buttons instead of the traditional keyboard. Internet accessibility on the iPhone also revolutionized the smartphone industry, which was never before seen on a mobile phone. In a Blackberry and Motorola dominated field, the iPhone sent shock waves to the industry that ultimately led to today’s smartphones, no matter the brand.
A little over ten years ago, Evan Williams, Noah Glass, Jack Dorsey, and Biz Stone created Twitter, a revolutionary site allowing users to tell about their day, share their opinions about important events, and even show what food they enjoy. Although many regard this site as old and less utalized in comparison to other social media sites, such as Instagram or Facebook, Twitter remains as one of the most popular social media sites.
On November 19, 2007, Amazon released the first Kindle, changing how people read and access books. The Kindle allows individuals to view text, images, and e-books from Amazon.com. Portable and light unlike traditional computers, the Kindle harbors a better battery life than an average laptop.
Technology evolved drastically over the past ten years. While we stay in the presence of ever changing technology, it remains important to realize just how fast it changes and how quickly it will develop in years to come. Who knows how technology in 2027 will change from today! Will we be able to use the internet from our thoughts? What about access to wifi anywhere in the world? Only time will tell!

• Editorials

Student Wills

• Editorials

MC Proud of our Silence

• Technology Over The Past Ten Years

Editorials

Pro Gun Control

• Technology Over The Past Ten Years

Arts & Multimedia

Fortnite Fever

• Technology Over The Past Ten Years

Editorials

The Selection: Book Review

• Editorials

The Right to Heritage

• Technology Over The Past Ten Years

Editorials

FFA Week

• Editorials

State Championship

• Editorials

Studying Strategies

• Editorials

Dr. Crouse Teacher of the Month

The Student News Site of Madison County
Technology Over The Past Ten Years