The Red and Grey

Madison County FAll FAIR 2017

Brittany Chatham and Kalynn Mathis

Tuesday, September 26 through Saturday, September 30, Madison County hosted a fun, thrill-seeking, fall fair that gave many people an adrenaline rush and made mouths water. Sweet powdered funnel cakes, sizzling corn dogs, freshly spun cotton candy may give the ultimate sugar rush. Rides that caused your heads to spin yet gave you the greatest memory our county can provide.  Before even reaching Lexington Highway, you already hear the screams and laughter of many people who came from all around just to experience a fun filled event. Though the best part of the fair is without a doubt the rides, get it out of your brain that the rides are limited to just older kids. Younger kids are entitled to encounter just as much fun on the Giant Slide, the flying airplanes, and the floating boats as others do. Everyone wants to experience something that will turn the contents in their stomachs’, so try riding the spaceship 2000, the zipper, and the bullet. Attending the fair will increase the fun you experience, especially when winning so many stuffed animals that there is no room to hold them in your hands. The music makes it even better, because of all the favorite hits that blasted throughout the fairgrounds, ranging from country to hip-hop and even to rock and roll. A live band even showed up and played good music. Not to mention the flashing multicolored lights coming off each and every ride, making the whole fairground glow like the Fourth of July.People focus more on the fun than the amount of money spent on this fun filled night. However, eating some southern chili cheese tater babies or even playing all the games like balloon pop or water racing is what makes all the money spent worth it. The prizes resemble souvenirs that you may decide to keep forever but they mean more than just some silly prize. They show the fun and laughter of families spending quality time together. Catching up with friends you have not seen in awhile over fresh squeezed lemonade or hot dogs at the concession stands which happens to be sponsored by many different clubs that Madison County organizes. Goat and cattle showings take place and looking around at the different items each vendor or club sells like jewelry, hats, and big trucks helps time fly. People actually learn something about how things are made or what types of prizes the livestock wins. Before leaving for the night, a raffle ticket drawing takes places which gives visitors a chance to win some pretty nice gifts. Truly the worst part about going to the fair is leaving. The good thing about the fair is when it comes back next year, and hopefully it will get more fun each year you return.

• Madison County FAll FAIR 2017

Entertainmenrt

I’m Sorry (Regional YGA Winner)

• Editorials

State Championship

• Entertainmenrt

Gun Control

• Madison County FAll FAIR 2017

Editorials

Special Olympics

• Editorials

Tragedy in America

• Madison County FAll FAIR 2017

Entertainmenrt

Booger Hill-Moons Grove Nativity and Luminaries Tour

• Madison County FAll FAIR 2017

News

Hispanic Heritage By: Ginni Edwards

• Madison County FAll FAIR 2017

Features

Royal Night

• Entertainmenrt

Student Prophecy

• Editorials

Student Wills

The Student News Site of Madison County
Madison County FAll FAIR 2017