The Red and Grey

Dr. Crouse Teacher of the Month

Amelia Priest

Dr. Steve Crouse received the September MCHS Teacher of the Month award. As well as possessing an amazing ability to teach World History, Crouse also serves as an inspiration to many students. Dr. Steve Crouse’s wisdom also serves as a source of positivity for the boys basketball team and sometimes the soccer team.
Crouse attended Soulful Seoul High School in South Korea. While keeping himself busy with academics, he still found time to invest himself into after school activities, including, basketball, soccer, Drama Club, and the concert band. Crouse surprisingly admitted teaching was not his first career choice. “I thought about being a lawyer. It would be interesting to investigate and determine innocence or guilt, and I honestly just thought it would be fun to be in a courtroom.” While working for a law firm for eight months, he realized it did not work with him and decided to go to college to become a teacher.
Several factors contributed to Crouse’s decision to teach World History? “I grew up in Korea. I loved studying about different parts of the world, and no one else really wants to teach it.” Dr. Crouse loves what he does. “Call me crazy, but I feel like it was what I was called to do.” Teaching gives him the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of young adults.
Crouse also enjoys several activities outside of the classroom. “I enjoy reading. I mostly love doing things with my family, whether it is hiking or just being on the lake.” Dr. Crouce proves an interesting individual while at work and off the clock. When asked to offer advice to his students, Crouse replied with a simple yet powerful answer. “ Yes. Never stop learning. Also, find a way to serve others.”
Crouse’s hard work, dedication, and passion for teaching all contributed to his winning the well-earned award of MCHS teacher of month for September.

The Student News Site of Madison County
Dr. Crouse Teacher of the Month