The Red and Grey

Fortnite Fever

Fortnite, the most popular free battle royale game on the market right now, is played by people of all ages across the world. Players come with same goal: remain as the last man standing.

The three base game modes include solo, duo, and squad. Loners play solo, two friends play duo, and a group of four people play squads.

Players jump from the “battlebus” onto an island that contains many different locations and towns. They then loot chest and pick up weapons to fight against the other  99 players. Fortnite remains different from other similar battle royale games because of the building aspect of it. You collect materials and build a number of structures to give you an advantage in a gunfight, or use it for simpler tasks, like getting up hills.

Along with enemy players, a toxic storm closes in on certain areas every couple of minutes. This forces remaining players all to one spot so the action continues. The storm closes in every three minutes at the start, but the interval becomes smaller as the game progresses. If the players get caught in the storm, they slowly lose health which proves vital in a game like this.

Epic Games released Fortnite in November 2017. The game quickly took off, with over three million people playing. As the game progressed, millions of more players came to test their skills. Fortnite is available on PS4, XBOX1, and PC.

Very few other games reach this level of success. Fortnite’s fluid and cartoonish gameplay, ability for all ages to play, and it being free all grant it the success it gets. It also gains attention from the celebrities that play it. Drake played with a popular Fortnite streamer who goes by the name Ninja. This attracted attention to the game, but also to Ninja. He makes over $500,000,000 every month from his streams, and he is well known by the Fortnite community.

Fortnite continues to grow everyday because of the new content from developers. It provides a unique experience, and it draws players in because of it.

• Fortnite Fever

Arts & Multimedia

3D Book Collage

• Editorials

August Teacher of the Month

• Fortnite Fever

Arts & Multimedia

Mosaic Art

• Fortnite Fever

Arts & Multimedia

Photography

• Fortnite Fever

Arts & Multimedia

An Abstract Concept

• Fortnite Fever

Arts & Multimedia

I’m Sorry By: Bronson Carey

• Fortnite Fever

Student Submission

Papyrus By Garrett Gee

• Fortnite Fever

Arts & Multimedia

The Darkside of Art

• Fortnite Fever

Sports

Volleyball

• Features

Special Olympics

The Student News Site of Madison County
Fortnite Fever