The Red and Grey

Homecoming Week

Back to Article
Back to Article

Homecoming Week

Homecoming brings excitement for many MCHS students. Many students look forward to the football game, home
coming dance, and dress up days the week prior to the dance. This year, the dress up days gave students different type of ways to dress.

Monday featured Hawaiian day, and many students dressed up in their favorite floral and beach themed button up. Some students even went all out and wore grass shirts, flip flops, floaties, and goggles.

On Tuesday, the theme was “Out of This World.” Students took avantage of the space-themed day and dressed up in galaxy-wear, such as galaxy leggings, antennas and their best alien makeup.

On Wednesday, the theme was “Wild West.” Many students expressed their country side and dressed up in flannels, cowboy boots, braids, wide-brimmed cowboy hats, and bandanas around their necks.

Thursday was “Dress Up Like a Musician” day. Students with a love for music took advantage by dressing up as Adele, Miley Cyrus, and many other famous musicians across time. Some dressed as country singers, rappers, and countless other genres of musicians.

Finally on Friday, all the grades battled to see who can wear the most themed colors through their shirts, hats, shoes, and other clothing. Seniors wore red, juniors wore silver, sophomores wore black, and freshmen wore white.

Homecoming week served as a precelebration to the big game against Commerce. The Homecoming parade, and the main event, the crowning of Homecoming queen and princess. When the much anticipated moment arrived, the Queen, Crystal Reed and Princess, Miracle Armstrong, accepted their crowns. On the following Saturday, many spent the entire day getting ready, taking pictures, eating dinner with their dates, and then finally showing up to the 2018 Homecoming dance, where the Homecoming King, Travion Latimore and the Prince, Tamaris Gaines accepted their crowns. The night finished with students dancing the night away having fun with their friends and making memories to last a lifetime.

• Raider Life

Students Spill the Tea

• Raider Life

Pathway Clusters

• Entertainmenrt

Student Prophecy

• Editorials

Student Wills

• Editorials

MC Proud of our Silence

• Homecoming Week

Entertainmenrt

I’m Sorry (Regional YGA Winner)

• Homecoming Week

Raider Life

FCCLA State Competitions

• Raider Life

Priority Calendar

• Homecoming Week

Editorials

FFA Week

• Editorials

Studying Strategies

The Student News Site of Madison County
Homecoming Week