The Red and Grey

Anchor Newsletter

Back to Article
Back to Article

Anchor Newsletter

Julianna Nichols

Madison County  Anchor Club celebrated the first half of the year participating in  projects to help both their school and community. The club’s first project involved a scavenger hunt in which members raced to complete more random acts of kindness than their fellow Anchors; some of these actions including giving a faculty member a hug, leaving a kind note for a teacher or student, texting a parents or guardian, to thanking them for everything they do, or buying something from a vending machine for a stranger.

Another favorite project completed by the MCHS Anchor Club involved painting Jack ‘O Lanterns to donate to the nursing home, the children’s wing of Piedmont Athens Regional, and the St. Mary’s Hospice House. Anchor members delivered all of the pumpkins  in hopes of lifting the spirits of those unable to participate in Halloween fun.

Next, Anchors joined together to make Christmas ornaments for all the MCHS special needs students. Anchor decorated either a Christmas tree or gingerbread man ornament, covering them with various materials , including pipe cleaners, buttons, sequins, and glitter.

On December 5th, eleven Anchor members traveled to Fine Finish and joined the Madison County Pilot Club in providing a Christmas celebration for the special needs adults from the community. After serving the meal, Anchors spread the Christmas spirit by leading  the the guests in singing Christmas carols. Near the conclusion the festivities, Anchors distributed gifts, provided by the Pilot Club, among the guests.

On the evening of December 5, Anchors continued their kind acts  by once again, gathering together with the Pilot Club to make scarfs for the homeless and veterans of the community. Pilots provided the materials and pizza , while Anchors worked hard to construct the garments and deliver them to the proper recipients.

• Anchor Club

Pumpkins for a Cause

• School Sports

Power Lifting Champion

• Editorials

Every Action Has Its Consequence

• Anchor Newsletter

School Sports

Wrestling State Tournament

• Raider Life

MCHS Band in Orlando

• School Sports

MC Wrestling

• Student Point Of View

Why Should I Join The Military

• Anchor Newsletter

Raider Life

Best Songs of 2018

• Anchor Newsletter

Features

The Greatest Man

• School Sports

Rules of the New Season

The Student News Site of Madison County
Anchor Newsletter