The Red and Grey

Happy Holidays

Nichole Vlasic

As the holiday season begins, people everywhere are running around trying to get ready. When it comes to the holidays, everyone needs a little help. Below are listed a few tips to help make the busy holiday season a little less hectic.

Pack early and light. There is never enough room for luggage, no matter which mode of transportation one chooses. Because inexperienced travelers overpack, they wait until the last minute to squeeze everything into their carry-on. Pack a few days early; rushing around packing the night before only causes stress to intensify.

Try to avoid high traveling days. During Christmas and the New Year, peak holiday travel dates change each year depending on what days the holidays fall on. Consider travelling days that maximize long weekends to avoid taking too many days off work. To make it easier, use a search engine and put in flexible travel dates; these show which date combinations give you the best deal.

Stick with the tried and true when it comes to holiday meals. A special gathering is not the time to experiment with a new recipe; include the basics, such as mashed potatoes and pumpkin pie. Keep the table setting simple, adding a seasonal touch with a single Christmas centerpiece and festive napkins. Focus on the fellowship of those at the gathering, and try not to stress over the preparations and menu.

Always remember to stay positive, and use these helpful hints to better prepare yourself for the crazy, busy holidays.  

The Student News Site of Madison County
Happy Holidays