Siblings at School

Back to Article
Back to Article

Siblings at School

Mary Kincaid

Many of the students at Madison County High School attend school everyday with their siblings. For some, seeing your brother or sister at school remains terrible, but for others, it makes school a friendlier place. How do siblings at Madison County really feel about going to school together?
Freshman Vivien Hajdu appreciates the benefits of going to school with her siblings. Because Vivien’s sister Lili Hajdu is in 11th grade, Vivien has “many upperclassmen friends” and has made her “transition to high school much more enjoyable, and it is nice to have people to guide me if I ever get lost”.
Going into high school from middle school may feel confusing for freshmen, so seeing a familiar face around the halls acts as a good motivator to keep students working hard throughout the day. When students find themselves in a puzzling-place, having a well-known person around you makes all the difference.
Hadju’s older sister Lili is “proud to help Vivien around. I hope Vivi loves highschool, and if I can help her enjoy her experience here, then I will.” However, some students get sick of seeing the faces of their siblings 24/7, such as junior Joshua Kincaid.
“I see my sister all day: when we are at home and when we are at school,” Kincaid explains, “sometimes, always being with my sister can be hard.” Kincaid’s feelings are understandable. Siblings do not always get along, and seeing each other all day and every day may not improve the issue.
Clearly, all siblings at Madison County possess an opinion on attending school together. Some may love it; some may hate it. However, there remains no doubt that each sibling pair at Madison County High School make the school a better, more unique place.