MCHS Football Victor Hajdu

Victor Hajdu

This fall football season created much excitement among the entire Madison County community. Coming fresh off of a 2-8 season, the Red Raiders expect to turn this football team around. Colby Smith (Senior) leads the Red Raiders at quarterback along with a strong rotation of a-backs including Martavian Cooper (Junior),and also looking to make a big effort Douglas Willingham (Senior); they look to have a strong impact, running the ball this season. Dayton Gresham (Junior) leads the b-back group along with Z Shiftlet (Sophomore) and Kiya Hubbard (Junior). They also look to make great plays this year. Willie Gaines (Senior), Adam Echols (Senior), and Cooper Brown (Sophomore) all represent the wide receiver core.
The defensive side of the ball is loaded with seniors. The secondary consist of corner Tito Gaines, corner Adam Echols, and free safety Colby Smit; this group of seniors have played together for a long time and look to cap off their highschool career with a good record. Ty Chappel (Sophomore) and Bo Turner (Junior) are also trying to prove themselves as valuable parts of the defense at the corner position. The linebacker position is played by Harrison Kirkland (Senior), Tyler Wright (Sophomore), Douglas WIllingham, Willie Gaines, and Hunter Samples in the main rotation; this group hopes to have a phenomenal year and stomp every offense they play.
Madison County High School football players must prove themselves this year. Coming off a below average season, the Red Raiders plan on improving.The Red Raiders have a 3-3 record so far this season with wins over Appalachee, East Jackson and Habersham.
The Red Raiders started the season off with a bang and hope to continue to improve this season. With a strong attitude and the right mindset the Raiders will go all the way. The Raiders open up region play at home against North Oconee on October 11th and encourage all students to come out and show their support.